Whether it’s caused by a fallen tree or a strong windstorm, damage on your roof can easily lead to leaks. If you’re in a situation where an isolated part of your roof is damaged, you may be tempted to repair only the affected area to save a couple of bucks.
However, repairing only a part of your roof is not a good idea for several reasons. Qualified experts for roof repair in San Diego would definitely warn you against going this route as replacing only the damaged part of the roof can do more harm than good. Read on to find out why!
Can you replace just part of a roof?
Sure, it is possible to fix only the affected area on your roof. Still, that doesn’t mean that you should do it. Here are some of the main reasons why replacing only half of your roof is never a good idea.
You may shorten the lifespan of your roof
Replacing only the damaged part of your roof can lead to lifespan inconsistencies one half of your roof may now last longer than the other. In addition, you may also encounter issues if you wish to replace the remaining parts of your roof sometime in the future, as some contractors may refuse to do it.
The roof won’t look as good
The newly replaced part of your roof may look different than the undamaged part. This would make the entire roof look less aesthetically pleasing. What’s more, as time goes by, matching the two parts of your roof will only become more difficult.
It may cause more serious issues
As different roofing options age differently, you are likely to encounter more challenging issues later on if you choose to fix only one part of your damaged roof. If your roof is already aged, it’s only a matter of time before the plywood beneath the shingles becomes rotten and has to be replaced entirely.
What happens if you don’t replace a roof?
Unless you have your roof repaired or fixed at the first sign of trouble, you can expect to encounter some of the following issues down the road:
- Safety hazards. Water leaks and roof damage in general can lead to a wide range of issues that can severely endanger your health, including problems with mold and rodents, just to name a few.
- Water damage. Naturally, a hole in your roof will allow water to enter your home and cause damage. The best way to prevent water leaks is to have your roof repaired or replaced by experienced contractors sooner rather than later.
- Collapsing. Water damage can result in serious structural issues, and even cause your roof to collapse if the issue is left unattended for too long. Such a scenario would be especially likely for older roofs.
- Decreased home value. If you intend to sell your home at some point, you’re bound to encounter issues if your roof is damaged. Renovating the entire roof is definitely the best option if you wish to maintain or even increase your home’s value.
- Increased costs. All of the aforementioned problems are likely to result in significantly higher repair costs further down the road. This is why it’s imperative that you consult seasoned roofing professionals at the first sign of trouble.
Full-service roof repair San Diego counts on
If you’ve experienced roof damage, you may be at a loss about the best way to approach your roofing troubles. If you’re wondering if re-roofing would be a good idea and how long your roof would last with a missing shingle, we can help!
No matter how challenging your situation may seem, you can depend on the qualified and knowledgeable technicians at 619 Roofing to take care of your roofing issue swiftly, enabling you to take a much-needed break at La Jolla Cove. Reach out to us today!